In 1314

The parkland immediately below Stirling Castle was the old royal hunting ground. This may have been where Edward II and his army intended to make camp on 23 June. Prevented from reaching their goal by the Scots, they instead had to make do with the boggy and cramped site on the Carse.

Today

The King’s Park is now a recreation ground for the people of Stirling, which includes a golf course.